Sandler Center Events Update
(LAST UPDATE: 4/3 at 12:00 PM) The safety and well-being of our guests, employees, and performers is our top priority at the Sandler Center. We will continue to update this page as we have more information on upcoming events. Thank you for your patience.
Our cleaning procedures are thorough and comprehensive. Following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and local authorities, our staff is focused on the disinfection of high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, escalators, elevator buttons and bathrooms. We have also filled hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the facility; advised our volunteers to not hand out programs; and ticket takers, box office, concessions, and coat check staff are encouraged to wear gloves. Our staff, partners and guests are encouraged to follow standard health precautions, such as consistent hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes. We encourage individuals who are sick to stay home.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation so that we can quickly make adjustments should the CDC or local authorities recommend different or amended precautionary measures.
In accordance with the guidance and recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we respectfully request that the following guests not visit the Sandler Center:
- Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough and shortness of breath);
- Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe to have contracted, COVID-19;
- Guests who have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days; and
- Guests who have traveled to, or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to, any location subject to a Level 1, 2 or 3 travel notice issued by the CDC (including China, Italy, South Korea, Japan, Iran and Hong Kong) in the past 14 days.
In an effort to keep our Box Office staff safe, we will be closing the Box Office until further notice effective March 23 at 6:00 PM.
- For ticketing questions, please email us at [email protected] or message us on Facebook.
- If you purchased tickets for an upcoming event and would like a refund, please email us at [email protected] and a Box Office representative will return your message as soon as possible.
Purchasers are encouraged to retain their tickets for the new dates TBA. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. We will email patrons directly regarding the status of the event as details are confirmed, and the most up-to-date status for the events will be available on our website and social media. If you have any questions, please contact the Sandler Center Box Office via email at [email protected].
- Hurrah Players' Moana - 3,13, 3/14, and 3/15
- ASAP Operation Improv & Comedy Bootcamp - 3/14, 3/21, 3/28, 4/4, and 4/18
- Apprentice to Light: The West of Ireland by Glen McClure Artist Reception - 3/16
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra's Music and Movement Sensory-Friendly show - 3/21
- Patton Oswalt - 3/21
- Dancing with the Seniors - 3/23, 4/6, and 4/20
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra's Strauss Rosenkavalier Suite - 3/29
- Sandler Center Foundation's Student Matinees:
Richmond Ballet's Swan Lake Lecture Demonstration - 3/17
(along with on-the-road performances that were scheduled for 3/17, 3/18, and 3/19)
Sons of Mystro - 3/18
Erth's Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure - 3/31
Virginia Symphony Orchestra and ODU Side by Side - 4/1
Ballet Virginia's Sleeping Beauty - 4/4 and 4/5
The new dates are 5/29 and 5/30. More information on their event page.
Sandler Center Volunteer Training - 4/20
Virginia Musical Theatre's Mamma Mia - 4/24, 4/25, and 4/26
Tommy Emmanuel - 4/27
The new date is 9/21. More information on the event page.
Virginia Arts Festival's Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo - 4/29
Nate Bargatze - 5/1
The new date is 10/2. More information on the event page.
Indigo Girls - 5/4
The new date is 7/16. More information on the event page.
Virginia Beach Chorale's It's A Classic - 5/16
Virginia Arts Festival's Beethoven's Emperor Concerto and Symphony No. 9 - 5/17
The new date is 8/30. More information on the event page.
The following shows have been cancelled. Refunds will be issued at the original point of purchase. Ticket purchases made using a credit/debit card through one of the venue’s authorized channels (Box Office, YnotTix.com, or (757) 385-2787) will be refunded automatically to the card used to make the original purchase. Depending on your bank, it may take 7-10 business days before these funds are visible in your account. Currently, the Sandler Center Box Office is closed. Once the Box Office reopens, cash purchasers may claim their refund by bringing their original tickets to the Sandler Center Box Office.
- Anchor Church Service - 3/15, 3/22, 3/29, 4/5, 4/12, and 4/19
- Symphonicity's Bach to the Future: From Light to Dark - 3/22
- Virginia Beach Forum and Norfolk Forum present Amy Liu - 3/24
- City of Virginia Beach Human Resource Meetings - 3/25 and 3/27
- Virginia Beach All-City Music Festival - 3/28
- Pembroke Congregation - 4/7
- Miss Amazing - 4/11
- CP Black Media - 4/22
- Symphonicity's Bach to the Future: Nature's Realm - 5/3
As we continue to closely monitor the situation, we remain focused on upgraded daily cleaning and preventative measures in the front- and back-of-the-house. We will be enforcing rigorous food service policies to reflect a proactive approach to housekeeping, sanitation, hygiene and food handling.
- All condiment tables will be removed
- All napkins and condiments will be handed by staff wearing protective gloves
- All packaged snacks will also be handed by staff wearing gloves
- Hand sanitizer stations will be added to all F&B locations
- Additional housekeeping staff will be walking the building and wiping down solid surfaces and food service areas throughout the day
- Staff will review proper hand washing techniques and instructions on how to avoid touching face and mouth areas
- Any employee who is sick must stay home until 24-48 hours after a fever has cleared
- All employees will wear protective gloves at all times and change whenever they change their job duty, or touch any part of their body or clothing
Sandler Center Foundation:
"The safety of our community members is of critical concern. We have been closely monitoring the local situation related to COVID-19 and community events. As a result, all Sandler Center Foundation March events have been postponed, including student matinees, Giving Circle recruitment events, VIP Pre-Show Receptions, and upcoming artist reception. Please refer to this webpage, rather than the Sandler Center Foundation website, for updates on other Sandler Center performances and events. All staff will be working remotely and can be reached by the contact information listed on our website. https://sandlercenterfoundation.org/" - Sandler Center Foundation Staff