Sandler Center Events Updates
(LAST UPDATE: 9/1 at 11:00 AM) The safety and well-being of our guests, employees, and performers is our top priority at the Sandler Center. We will continue to update this page as we have more information on upcoming events. Thank you for your patience.
Sign up for our Cyber Club to receive event updates and information on safety protocols for when the Sandler Center begins to reopen.
Our cleaning procedures are thorough and comprehensive. Following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and local authorities, our staff is focused on the disinfection of high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, escalators, elevator buttons, and bathrooms. We have also filled hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the facility; advised our volunteers to not hand out programs; and ticket takers, box office, concessions, and coat check staff are encouraged to wear gloves. Our staff, partners, and guests are encouraged to follow standard health precautions, such as consistent hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes. We encourage individuals who are sick to stay home.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation so that we can quickly make adjustments should the CDC or local authorities recommend different or amended precautionary measures.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect our venue guests. However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By entering the venue, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and Venue disclaims any and all liability related thereto. In accordance with the guidance and recommendations set forth by the CDC and local health officials, we respectfully request that the following guests not attend tonight’s event:
- Guests who are feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, and shortness of breath);
- Guests who have been diagnosed with, or believe to have contracted, COVID-19, unless you have had no fever for 72 hours (without the use of medicine) and 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared;
- Guests who have been in contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days; and
- Guests who have traveled internationally in the past 14 days.
At this time, all patrons entering the venue will be required to wear a facial covering or mask and keep it on at all times while in the venue, in accordance with Governor Northam's mandate.
In an effort to keep our Box Office staff safe, we will be closing the Box Office until further notice effective March 23 at 6:00 PM.
- For ticketing questions, please email us at [email protected] or message us on Facebook.
- If you purchased tickets for an upcoming event and would like a refund, please email us at [email protected] and a Box Office representative will return your message as soon as possible.
The below events have not been rescheduled at this moment. Purchasers are encouraged to retain their tickets for the new dates TBA. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. We will email patrons directly regarding the status of the event as details are confirmed, and the most up-to-date status for the events will be available on our website and social media. We are working hard to reschedule each event with the event organizer. If you have any questions, please contact the Sandler Center Box Office via email at [email protected].
- Sandler Center Foundation's Student Matinees:
Richmond Ballet's Swan Lake Lecture Demonstration - 3/17
(along with on-the-road performances that were scheduled for 3/17, 3/18, and 3/19)
Sons of Mystro - 3/18
Erth's Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure - 3/31
Sandler Center Volunteer Training - 4/20
Virginia Musical Theatre's Mamma Mia - 4/24, 4/25, and 4/26
Virginia Arts Festival's Coffee Concert ll - 5/13
Virginia Arts Festival's Mandolin Orange - 5/21
Culinary Institute - 5/22
Performing Arts Academy - 6/12 and 6/14
Encore Dance - 6/22 and 6/24
Art Institute Graduation - 6/23
Turquoise School of Dance - 7/11
Nate Bargatze - 10/2
New date TBA. More information on the event page.
The below events have been rescheduled. Purchasers are encouraged to retain their tickets for the new dates. We will email patrons directly regarding details for the new date. The most up-to-date status on the Sandler Center can be found on this webpage as well as social media. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please contact the Sandler Center Box Office via email at [email protected].
- Hurrah Players' Moana - 3,13, 3/14, and 3/15
- The new dates are 3/11/21, 3/12/21, 3/13/21, and 3/14/21. More information on the event page.
Ballet Virginia's Sleeping Beauty - 4/4 and 4/5
This event has been postponed to Spring 2021. Dates TBA. More information on the event page.
Tommy Emmanuel - 4/27
The new date is 5/5/2021. More information on the event page.
Virginia Arts Festival's Beethoven Celebration - 5/17
The new date is 1/10/21. More information on the event page.
Virginia Arts Festival's Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis - 5/20
The new date is 4/30/21. More information on the event page.
The following shows have been cancelled. Refunds will be issued at the original point of purchase. Ticket purchases made using a credit/debit card through one of the venue’s authorized channels (Box Office, YnotTix.com, or (757) 385-2787) will be refunded automatically to the card used to make the original purchase. Depending on your bank, it may take 7-10 business days before these funds are visible in your account. Currently, the Sandler Center Box Office is closed. Once the Box Office reopens, cash purchasers may claim their refund by bringing their original tickets to the Sandler Center Box Office.
- Anchor Church Service - 3/15, 3/22, 3/29, 4/5, 4/12, 4/19, 4/26, 5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/24, 5/31 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28, 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, 8/16, 8/23, 8/30.
- ASAP Operation Improv & Comedy Bootcamp - 3/14, 3/21, 3/28, 4/4, 4/18, 4/25, 5/1
- Dancing with the Seniors - 3/23, 4/6, 4/20, 5/4, 5/18, and 5/21
- Patton Oswalt - 3/21
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra's Music and Movement Sensory-Friendly show - 3/21
- Symphonicity's Bach to the Future: From Light to Dark - 3/22
- Virginia Beach Forum and Norfolk Forum present Amy Liu - 3/24
- City of Virginia Beach Human Resource Meetings - 3/25 and 3/27
- Virginia Beach All-City Music Festival - 3/28
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra's Strauss Rosenkavalier Suite - 3/29
Virginia Symphony Orchestra and ODU Side by Side - 4/1
- Pembroke Congregation - 4/7
- Miss Amazing - 4/11
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra's Beethoven: A Surprise Celebration - 4/19
- CP Black Media - 4/22
- Virginia Arts Festival's Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo - 4/29
- Symphonicity's Bach to the Future: Nature's Realm - 5/3
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra's Shostakovich Five - 5/10
- Virginia Beach Chorale's It's A Classic - 5/16
- Virginia Arts Festival's Victory at Sea - 5/27
- Collin's Piano Recital - 5/30
- Ynot Wednesdays Outdoor Concert Series - 6/3-8/26
- Wilkin's School of Dance - 6/5 and 6/6
Ballet First Choice - 6/7
Ignite Small Businesses - 6/20
Dance Dimensions - 6/21
Danceland 2 - 6/26 and 6/27
Dreammakers National Competition - 6/27-7/3
- Indigo Girls - 7/16
- Sandler Center Jazz Series - 7/16 and 8/13
- Fusion Dance Competition - 7/17, 7/18, and 7/19
- Virginia Beach SPCA - 7/25
- Edward Usita: Marcelino Pomoy - 8/2
- Danceland 2 - 8/7 and 8/8
- Encore Dance - 8/13 and 8/14
- Minority Business Council - 8/14
- Battle Royale - 8/15
- World Class Talent - 8/18 and 8/19
- Barbara Lewis - 9/12
- The Beach Boys - 9/22
As we continue to closely monitor the situation, we remain focused on upgraded daily cleaning and preventative measures in the front- and back-of-the-house. We will be enforcing rigorous food service policies to reflect a proactive approach to housekeeping, sanitation, hygiene and food handling.
- All condiment tables will be removed
- All napkins and condiments will be handed by staff wearing protective gloves
- All packaged snacks will also be handed by staff wearing gloves
- Hand sanitizer stations will be added to all F&B locations
- Additional housekeeping staff will be walking the building and wiping down solid surfaces and food service areas throughout the day
- Staff will review proper hand washing techniques and instructions on how to avoid touching face and mouth areas
- Any employee who is sick must stay home until 24-48 hours after a fever has cleared
- All employees will wear protective gloves at all times and change whenever they change their job duty, or touch any part of their body or clothing
Sandler Center Foundation:
"The safety of our community members is of critical concern. We have been closely monitoring the local situation related to COVID-19 and community events. As a result, all Sandler Center Foundation March events have been postponed, including student matinees, Giving Circle recruitment events, VIP Pre-Show Receptions, and upcoming artist reception. Please refer to this webpage, rather than the Sandler Center Foundation website, for updates on other Sandler Center performances and events. All staff will be working remotely and can be reached by the contact information listed on our website. https://sandlercenterfoundation.org/" - Sandler Center Foundation Staff