Volunteers are a vital part of the Sandler Center for Performing Arts. Our 250 volunteers perform essential tasks such as greeting, ushering, clerical work, and helping with special events. Coming from all walks of life, these art lovers bring experience that spans the spectrum. From students and teachers to retired military and professionals, they are the glue that keeps the Sandler Center strong.
We are looking for people who are very friendly, flexible, enthusiastic, and who enjoy helping others. If providing good customer service to Sandler Center patrons in a lively environment sounds like something you are interested in, please fill out and submit the online application form so we can have your contact information and invite you to our next volunteer orientation. Please note- orientation is usually held only once a year in the fall.
Thank you for your interest in joining our stellar volunteer corp. We hope to see your smiling face at the Sandler Center soon!
OVERVIEW OF SANDLER CENTER’S VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have access to a computer, internet, and email to participant in our program. All communication between the volunteer coordinator and volunteers is handled via email.
- Be able to stand for extended periods, take stairs, read tickets and work in a dark theater.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance and adhere to dress code.
- Pay a onetime application fee of $30.
- Submit to and pass a background check by the City of Virginia Beach.
- Attend annual orientation and training session.
- Take an official tour of the facility.
- Be cheerful and flexible!
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS & INCENTIVES
Our "SUPERSTARS" program was created to reward our valued volunteers for hours served at the Sandler Center, but the real benefit of the position is the ability to help visitors. Volunteers are "thanked" for their service with complimentary tickets to available shows based on the hours they have worked. Numerous Town Center discounts are available with a volunteer certification card. As our volunteers continue to accrue hours, the service levels increase and special rewards will be issued at each of these milestone levels. In addition, volunteers are the guests of honor at our annual appreciation event!
If you are an active Sandler Center volunteer, login to VicNet